Thursday, August 30, 2018

Sometimes you just need to Climax

Sometimes you just need to Climax


OK, OK, get out of the gutter... and climb into the cab. If anyone hasn't noticed�Mike Rennie has just started his tutorial on how to make a steam locomotive. Just from the first few posts I have learned a number of new tricks, like the DO NOT DELETE ME�component. I still have three diesels on the bench which I work on a little bit each month, but I really want to follow along so I can ask questions while the whole process is still hot in Mike's head.

But what locomotive should I do? I was�truly�stumped. I really have no favorites other than the SP GS4 and AC10 Cab forward, both of which have been done. So I turned to my super-detailing�partner�MadMike (there are an�awful�lot of Mikes in Railworks) and posed the question to him. His response was like a brick in the head.

Make a Climax.

A Climax? One of the most complex geared locomotives ever to grace our nations rails?! Now Mike really isn't mad, but he does know how to bait me. This was a true challenge. Was I up to it?


Read more �

visit link download